|Job Name||: Development Counsellors|
Development CounsellorsProject Spreading WingsETASHA SocietyLocations: Pataudi, Janauli, Gurgaon and Delhi
Project Spreading Wings
Project ‘Spreading Wings’, supported by British Telecom India (BT) is being launched in Pataudi, Haryana with the purpose of ‘Enabling adolescent girls to become economically, socially and emotionally self-reliant’
Scope of Project:
- Holistic development and growth of adolescent girls (12-21 years) to enable them to achieve self-respect, self-reliance and success through education support, life skills development, career guidance, digital literacy, employability and vocational skill development and placement in the organised sector.
- Development and deployment of a Career Guidance App
- Work with the entire ecosystem of girls to change mind-sets and attitude of parents, brothers, teachers and the larger community towards supporting girls’ development, employment and self-reliance.
- Engage with employers in the neighbouring industrial areas to explore and influence equal opportunity and safe working environment policies and hiring practices.
Role and Responsibilities:
As a Counselling team member, the responsibilities include:
- Counselling and guiding youth to deal effectively with their development and career issues
- Conduct our Career Guidance and Life Skills Workshops
- Counsel and guide youth through their Career Planning process
- Read extensively and add to the Careers Library
- Content Creation for Workshops on growth and development
- Write reports on the workshops for sponsoring Institutions and Funders
- Candidates located in / willing to relocate to Pataudi will be preferred.
- Compensation will be commensurate with skills and experience.
- Excellent English and Hindi language communication skills – written and spoken
- Empathy and a desire to help and work with young people from marginalized communities
- Desire and ability to connect with young people
- A passion for training and facilitation
- Ability to work with participative methodologies
- Self-motivated with a passion for continuous improvement
- Basic knowledge of Computers
- A background in Sociology or Psychology is desirable, though not essential, enthusiasm, commitment and a real desire to improve the prospects of others is. Compensation will be in the range of Rs.20,000 - Rs.30,000 per month, depending upon skills and experience.
Established as a not-for-profit organization in January 2006, ETASHA Society provides market-oriented employability and vocational skills to disadvantaged Indian youth. ETASHA’s core activities are career guidance, employability skills, vocational training & placement, and Training of Employability Skills Trainers. ETASHA Society’s success has been shaped by its team. Our members share a strong passion for helping and mentoring young minds from underprivileged communities. We not only seek candidates who share the same passion as we do, but are also driven by new ideas to work better as a team and touch more lives. Know more about us though our website www.etashasociety.org and our social media sites and if you are keen to made a difference to the world we live in, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Send in your application with resume latest by October 30, 2020 at [email protected]