|Job Name||: Volunteering & Events Coordinator|
An effective volunteering program is important for ETASHA’s operations as well as growth. We value volunteers for their diverse and creative inputs, enthusiasm and the value addition that they bring. We believe a good volunteering platform should be a win-win proposition and should give value to the volunteer, to the corporates offering volunteer engagement programs, to our trainees and to ETASHA’s operations. Our volunteers vary from bright 18-year olds to energetic 60-year olds, students, professionals, people taking a break from full-time work and housewives with time to spare. They come with a wide range of skills, professions and experience.
A diverse range of Events are also integral to our way of working. Events range from Career melas and mobilisation drives for community outreach, to participation in Marathons for awareness creation among the general population, off-site visits for team building, and, Lobby events during College Fests, Joy of Giving week, Diwali etc. for fund raising and sales of products of ETASHA-supported Women’s enterprises.
Many events are for enrolling volunteers, while many are also ideal ways of engaging volunteers and giving them the experiences and the opportunities, they are seeking.
The ideal candidate will be equally proficient at managing and leveraging both these dimensions to mutual advantage
Role & Responsibilities:
- Volunteering Management involves:
- Recognizing, collecting, collating and updating needs, requirements and opportunities for volunteer engagement on a regular basis.
- Identifying, connecting, liaising and building relationships with relevant general and Corporate volunteering platforms, universities, colleges and professional Institutions etc. to seek and engage volunteers.
- Managing volunteering applications and connecting volunteers with the relevant persons /departments/ centres at ETASHA.
- Inducting, tracking progress, getting completion reports and sending feedback reports as required.
- Events Management:
- Coordinating & collating event calendars of all external-facing role holders /teams like Project Managers, Centre Managers, Community Mobilisation teams at all centres, Placement team and Fundraising team.
- Ensuring all required collateral is available as per requirement of each event.
- Providing logistic management and volunteer management support as required
- Bachelors/Masters in any stream preferably Human Resources or Marketing.
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- At least 2-3 years of work experience involving extensive coordination
Ready to travel in Delhi NCR.
Established as a not-for-profit organization in January 2006, ETASHA Society provides market-oriented employability and vocational skills to disadvantaged Indian youth. ETASHA’s core activities are career guidance, employability skills, vocational training & placement, and Training of Employability Skills Trainers.
ETASHA Society’s success has been shaped by its team. Our members share a strong passion for helping and mentoring young minds from underprivileged communities. We not only seek candidates who share the same passion as we do, but are also driven by new ideas to work better as a team and touch more lives.
Know more about us though our website www.etashasociety.org and our social media sites and if you are keen to made a difference to the world we live in, we strongly encourage you to apply.